Mackie Shea Durning, PC seeks an associate with significant experience in environmental litigation and a knowledge of hazardous waste, wetlands, MEPA and solid waste law, and zoning law.
We expect the attorney will work with a high degree of independence under the mentorship of the partners. There will be a significant amount of client contact, frequent direct dealings with opposing counsel and government officials, as well as public hearing attendance (often at night). We will rely on the attorney to handle challenging issues.
In sum, we seek someone who can make tough judgments and has the skills to handle components of litigation or business transactions with minimal guidance and supervision. People who are competitive, self-reliant, and highly motivated are likely to be successful with us.
- 6 years post-law school preferred (3 years minimum)
- top quarter of law school class
- excellent writing skills
- private 21E cost recovery and other disputes
- government enforcement
- administrative law and appeals
- zoning and environmental permitting and appeals
- conducted numerous depositions
- prepared memoranda of law and argued dispositive motions
- conducted all aspects of discovery independently
- participated in trials and adjudicatory proceedings
Submit letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com
Mackie Shea Durning, PC is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or military or veteran status.